I baked this Orange Drizzle Cake because I have many mandarin oranges in my house, after the Chinese New Year celebration. The uniqueness of this cake is the juice that pour on the cake. It keeps the cake moist and at the same time enhanced the orange flavor. This cake is best eaten the next day.
I like to make traditional cake, for its easy ingredients and the baking process. It is also sugar reduced because minus off the creammy topping or frosting. Please share, what is your favoriate cake to bake?
Orange Dizzle Cake
Ingredients:for the cake
½ cup butter, soften
¼ cup castor sugar
1 cup self-raising flour
for the topping
3 tablespoons icing sugar
juice of 1 orange
1. preheat oven to 180C. Line the square cake tin with greaseproof paper
2. beat together butter and sugar until pale and creamy
3. beat in eggs, one at a time
4. add flour into the mixture until well combined
5. pour the mixture into the lined tin and smooth out evenly
6. bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean
7. combine the sugar and orange juice and immediately pour over the top of the hot cake
8. leave the cake to cool or overnight in the tin
I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasia Lemak Lover.