I tried out Nigellas easy victoria sponge recipe. It is actually easy to make. This cake is best to be eaten the next day, where the butter moist the whole cake. This cake is best to go with tea. It is light to eat. This is also great recipe for all cakes.
Negellas Easy Victoria Sponge Recipe
1 cup butter, soften
1 cup castor sugar
2 cups self raising flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons milk
1. Beat butter and sugar until white and fluffy.
2. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
3. Sift in flour and baking powder until well combined.
4. Add in vanilla extract and milk, mix well.
5. Pour the mixture into two round baking trays.
6. Bake the cake at 180C for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Leave cake to cool in tray for 10 minutes and turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Spread a thin layer of strawberry jam on a cake, and place the second piece of cake on it.