My six years old daughter came back from school the other day telling me her teacher shared with her a scrambled eggs recipe. She said she wanted to cook the eggs for me. Last week, Amanda followed me to the market with her shopping list for the ingredients. She immediately starts the preparation for the cooking once we returned from the market. She refuses any assistance from me and I can see she cooked with confident. I am really glad to see how she is able to handle a task independently. After tasting the eggs, to me, it was the best scrambled eggs ever.
|Amanda's shopping list|
|Work in progress|
|Amanda: Do not stir immediately, wait for 1 minute.|
Cheese & Sausage Scrambled Eggs
½ cup full cream milk
1 slice of cheddar cheese (tear by hand into smaller pieces)
1 sausage (thinly sliced)
1 pinch of salt
1. in a metal bowl, whisk the eggs with milk for 2 minutes.
2. add in salt, cheese and sausage into the egg mixture.
3. heat a non-stick frying pan. Melt some butter in the pan.
4. add the egg mixture into pan. Do not stir immediately. Wait unitl the edges start to appear firm.
5. stir the eggs with spatula to scramble them until cooked.
6. transfer eggs to serving plate.
|If I can cook, so can you.|