I baked a whipped cream cake last night. The reason for me to bake this cake was I have a packet of whipping cream sit in my fridge. I decided to give this cake recipe a try. There is no use of butter in this cake. Honestly, it kills my mood for baking when the recipe requires use of butter and I have to wait a long time for the butter to be soften.
Back to this whipped cream cake. The cake texture is similar to Hot Milk Cake I baked sometime ago. Please do not over beating the whipping cream. When the cream is over beating, the cake will become hard and dry. It was my very first time whipping the cream. Overall, it is not that difficult or challenging though.
Whipped Cream Cake
2 cups cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 ½ cups cold whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup castor sugar
1. Preheat oven 190C.
2. Sift together cake flour, baking powder and salt, place aside.
3. In another bowl, lightly beaten eggs and vanilla, place aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, whip the cream. Stop when you see the cream is thickened. Do not over beat.
5. Gradually beat in egg mixture and sugar into the whipped cream.
6. Then, use spatula, fold in the flour in three batches until all well combined.
7. Pour the mixture into a deep round baking tray. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.