Scones are easy to make and it requires only simple ingredients. I have searched many recipes on the internet and selected a few for reference. I measured the ingredients in grams and ml, then pour them into my measurement cup to get cup measurement. You know, this will makes the baking steps easier and me a happier home baker.
Oven: 220C, 30 minutes
1 cup butter
2 cups milk
3 cups self raising flour
4 tablespoons icing sugar
1. Place flour into a bowl. Take butter straight out from freezer and cut into small cube size. Drop butter cubes on flour.
2. Rub in butter using fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs (a little patient required here).
3. Stir in sugar, mix well. Pour in milk, stir in using spatula to form soft dough.
4. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes.
5. Turn the mixture onto a floured surface, lightly flatten the dough of 1cm (no heavy-handed please).
6. Cut out the scones and place on a cookie sheet. Glaze the top of scones with milk and bake for 30 minutes or golden brown.
7. Cool on a wire rack. Serve best the next day with strawberry jam or shipped cream. Make 10-15 medium size scones.