This were some coconut tarts I made after trying out on egg tarts making successfully. Those who love coconut, like myself, will love this tart. Especially, when this tart was made with fresh grated coconut.
Coconut TartIngredients A: tart skin
1 cup (250gm) butter, soften
3 cup cake flour
1 cup sugar
Ingredients B: coconut filing
½ cup (125gm) butter, soften
½ cup sugar
½ cup cake flour
1 cup fresh grated coconut
¼ cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
1. Use hand to mix all ingredients A together and place it in the fridge for 1 hour.
2. Beat butter and sugar until white and fluffy.
3. Add in egg, one at a time
4. Sift in flour and baking powder.
5. Add in designated coconut and mix well.
6. Take out the dough from the fridge. Lightly press dough with your fingers on the tart tin. Starting from the bottom then up to the sides to make a tart shell. Trim away any excess dough.
7. Pour egg mixture into each tart shell. Be careful not to over pour.
8. Preheat oven 190C and bake for 30 minutes or until the tart shell edges are golden brown.
9. Overturn the egg tarts and place it into paper cups.
Baked about 30 tarts. It is good to eat fresh out from the oven. The skin remain crispy for 4 hours. Keep it in the fridge if you were to eat it the next day. Place it in oven for few minutes to make the skin crispy again. Enjoy.