We have fun making rice crispy bars last night after our dinner. Why do I make this treats out of sudden? It is because I have two bags of marshmallows sitting in my fridge. They are gifts from friends during CNY. This treats is so easy to make as it doesn't not required any cooking or baking. My children got very excited seeing how marshmallows slowly disappeared in the oil. Overall, everyone in the family loves this chewy candy-like square treats very much and there were no leftovers. I will be making it again this weekend to use up the marshmallows. Have fun trying out this simple recipe.
Rice Crispy Bars
4 tablespoons butter
4 cups miniature marshmallows
6 cups rice crispy
1. melt butter over low heat in a non-stick pan.
2. add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
3. add rice crispy and stir until well coated. Remove from heat.
4. line baking tray with wax paper and transfer mixture into the baking tray.
5. use wax paper to evenly press mixture. Let it to cool.
6. use knife to cut it into square bars and store it into air tight container. Store for 3 days.