My niece is leaving for UK to complete her undergraduate degree this week. We are going to miss her very much. So, we invited her to our house and hosted a small tea party to say goodbye to her. I know she is an ultimate 'cheese person' and love all types of cooking, cakes and desserts made from cheese. I decided to make a simple non-bake cheesecake for her, as it is light and refreshing with a twist of lemon flavour.
Light and Soft Non-Bake Cream Cheese CakeIngredients:
200gm digestive biscuits
½ cup butter, melted
1 envelope (10gm) gelatin powder
¼ cup hot water
2 cups cream cheese
1 cup icing sugar
1 cup plain yogurt
1 cup whipping cream
Juice of 1 lemon
Lemon grind of 1 lemon
1. line a 23cm loose-bottomed tin with baking paper.
2. Place biscuit in a plastic food bag and crush to fine crumbs using a rolling pin.
3. Mix crumbs with melted butter until completely coated.
4. Transfer them into tin and press firmly and evenly using spoon.
5. Chill in the fridge to set firmly.
1. Mix gelatin with hot water, stir until gelatin dissolves thoroughly, set aside.
2. Use electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
3. Add in yogurt and whipping cream.
4. Stir in gelatin, lemon rind and lemon juice and mix until incorporated.
5. Spoon mixture into crust-lined pan and chill for 3 hours. Serve plain or topped.
|crush the biscuit in plastic bag, my children are more than happy to do this task for me|