Lemon Drizzle Bars
For the cake
½ cup butter, soften
½ cup castor sugar
1 cup self-raising flour
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
For the topping
3 tablespoons icing sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
1. preheat oven to 180C. Line the square cake tin with greaseproof paper.
2. beat together butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
3. beat in eggs, one at a time.
4. add flour and lemon zest into the mixture until well combined.
5. pour the mixture into the lined tin and smooth out evenly.
6. bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
7. combine the sugar and lemon juice and immediately pour over the top of the cake.
8. leave the cake to cool in the tin.