Do you feeling indigestion after eating too much mooncakes recently? Well, same goes to me. My aunt came to my house the other day and shared with me this refreshing dessert recipe. She said this was taught by a friend of hers operating a restaurant in Cheras. It is easy to prepare and simply delicious! And, it goes well with mooncakes. So, there is a reason for mooore mooncakes!
Orange White Fungus Dessert
50 grams white fungus
2 litres water
80 grams rock sugar
2 tbsp grated orange zest
1. soak white fungus in a bowl a night before cooking
2. trim and discard the dark yellow hard part on the centre underside of the fungus
3. cut the fungus to smaller pieces, put aside
4. in a slow cooker, add water, fungus and grated orange zest and cook for 4 hours
5. add in rock sugar before serving. Make sure all sugar is fully dissolved.
6. serve warm or chilled.