It is durian seasons in Malaysia now. I saw many food bloggers posted recipes on durian cream puffs.
These bloggers all are saying the same statment that 'cream puffs are easy to make'.
So, I gave it a try and I think it is easier than baking muffins or cupcakes.
|piped out pastry before baking|
|puffs freshly come out from oven|
Choux Pastry Puffs
1 cup water
1 cup bread flour
1 cup eggs (4 eggs)
1. in a saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil.
2. add flour and salt all at once, stir until a smooth ball forms.
3. remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
4. add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. beat until mixture is smooth and shiny.
6. drop by rounded teaspoonfuls or piped into desired shapes onto greased baking sheets.
7. bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
8. remove puffs to wire racks.
1 cup milk
1 tbsp Birds custard powder
1 tbsp sugar
1. dissolve sugar and custard powder in cold milk.
2. bring to heat until thickened.
Tips: It is best to eat the puffs with cool custard cream. So make it in advance and chilled into refrigerator.