This is a simple dish I love to prepare for my family. Everyone just love having it with rice. I especially like to dip it with chilli paste. This dish can be prepared in advance, for example, in the morning itself before kids wake up, or when they are having their nap time in the afternoon. When dinner time comes, simply deep frying the roll pieces and serve.
Deep Fried Seaweed Fishpaste Roll
2 cups of fish paste
1/2 cup of grated carrot
1/4 cup of diced spring onions
spring roll pastry
1. in a bowl, mix together fish paste, grated carrots and diced spring onions.
2. lay a piece of spring roll pastry on sushi rolling mat.
3. lay a piece of seaweed sheet on top of spring roll pastry.
4. spread fish paste thinly on seaweed sheet, leaving one end without fish paste.
5. start rolling from the end with fish paste to the end without fish paste.
6. apply water on seaweed sheet at the end without fish paste, and close up the roll.
7. place the roll on a plate and steam the roll until cooked, let cold.
8. cut the roll ito smaller pieces and deep fry until golden brown.