Happy Duan Wu Jie 端午节. I did not make any rice dumpling this year (I mean the real dumpling). We have been receiving rice dumplings from relatives and friends since early May. And I have been eating rice dumplings for breakfast almost everyday.
I made some felt rice dumplings for Amanda as she likes to play restaurant (Amanda likes to pretend she is operating a restaurant by one-man show, she is the cook, barista and also waitstaff). So Amanda could serve rice dumplings to her guests, which are her Ah-Mah and Didi.
Felt Glutinous Rice Dumpling
brown color felt
thread and needle
1. Cut brown felt in rectangular shape.
2. Fold the wider side together and sew an L shape.
3. Stuff the opening with cotton wools.
4. Pinch opposite sides together and sew the opening closed.
5. Take enough straw string to go around the dumpling and tie a knot at the end.